Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sumac Bushes by Sheri Jones


Sumac Bushes by Sheri Jones
9x12 oil on canvas
The forecast for Wednesday was temperatures in the seventies with calm winds. When I heard that I scheduled a day off work. I was not disappointed.  

 I have passed this spot daily and thought I could find something here to paint.  The sumac bushes appeared to be glowing in the morning sun.   It was a good spot and a great morning.
I painted this with a #28 Galleria (1 1/4" wide).  It was a challenge on such a small canvas.
  This is available for purchase. $125.00

I have paintings showing this month at:

 
Granbury's Visitor Center, Granbury, Texas (Show ends 11/30/2011)
Miniture Show, LGAA-Shanley House, Granbury, Texas

Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, Texas
*** I will be there doing a painting demo on Saturday, December 3, 2011 - 11 a - 4 p
I would love to see you there.

Rising Stars Gallery, Mineral Wells, Texas
Discover Plein Air Art,Plein Air Paintings, Contemporary Seascape Paintings, Contemporary Landscape Paintings, Plein Air Oil Paintings,Watercolor Paintings and Acrylic Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Plein Air Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment