Friday, July 12, 2013

Crape Myrtle Shadows by Artist of Texas, Sheri Jones



Crape Myrtle Shadows 
12x9 oil on canvas

I painted this in my front yard. This crape myrtle is over 25 years old  and is what greats me everyday. I drove up one morning and was struck by the great shadows and strong highlights the morning sun made. I started painting this on the morning my 4 year great niece stayed over to paint. I set her up with an easel and let her create her own garden painting. It was such fun watching how happy this made her. She is an artist in training.  I returned the next day to finish it. This is available  for purchase. $250.00 
Sheri@sheriart.net
www.sheriart.net
www.sheriart.blogspot.com
www.cfai.co./sherijones/

Discover Plein Air Art,Plein Air Paintings, Contemporary Seascape Paintings, Contemporary Landscape Paintings, Plein Air Oil Paintings,Watercolor Paintings and Acrylic Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Plein Air Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment