Monday, June 17, 2013

Painting in Yosemite Park, Project 125 BECKY JOY

© 2013 Becky Joy   Along the Merced River, Yosemite   oil 6 inches x 6 inches   $125.

Each morning I've driven by the river and finally stopped this morning, a very quiet place. I never saw a soul. I liked those bits of bright green with the sunlight hitting the bushes. This painting was hard not to get "everything" in it. Yesterday's painting had a bug in it, today's, I notice a little dirt up on the right. Oh well, as soon as it dries, it will brush off. Always better to leave it for later than to try and clean it up while it is wet.
My daughter and grandkids left to go back home this morning. Two of them have their birthdays next week, so a special day for them. The little one wanted to make sure she was home for her birthday. The oldest will be 15 this year, wow unbelievable. I think he would have liked to have stayed longer. But, varsity football practice makes a short vacation.
I got a little more painting done today. I painted this wonderful old tree on an 11"x14" panel.
OMG, the internet connection is PAINFULLY slow here. It's so hard to keep at it and not open multiple windows. But, beautiful weather again. I found a camp spot here for two more nights, so that's it, I'll be moving on in 3 days. Not sure where yet! Tomorrow, I will probably stick closer to camp. I need to get a couple of studio paintings done this week, sooner than later. This will be interesting to see how much work I can get done while on the road. If it works out well, what a great office job. Love it!
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Becky Joy  

No comments:

Post a Comment