Tuesday, June 18, 2013

© 2013 Becky Joy     Yosemite Friends    oil 6 inches x 6 inches    $125.

I was inspired by the atmosphere in the background with the dark trees against it and the light coming down the rocks. I was up at dawn this morning to paint a scene that I had seen before early in the morning. Below is my first painting of the day, a 12"x16" oil.
AIS-EARLY-LIGHT
© 2013 Becky Joy   Early Light, Yosemite   oil   12 inches x 16 inches
I had been thinking about this scene, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Back to the easel tomorrow. The trunks were a very warm color, but I think I overdid it, I'll have to tone some of it down.
Toward the end of the 6"x6" painting, the wind was picking up and smoke was moving into the valley. I guess it is a fire close to Mariposa. Anyway, it caused a little more atmosphere and warmth in the colors.
Today I went back to Oakhurst to do some computer work and get my RSS feed straightened out once and for all. I made up a new   email, but didn't delete the old one. Now, I think it is done and good. Hoping.... I also needed to come to town to buy a new car charger for my dead phone. My mom is probably calling now.
I've had an interesting camping experience. The last two nights I have camped in Camp 4 in Yosemite. It is a walk-in camp that has shared sites, a first for me. And, most of the campers are young and rock climbers. It's a little noisier than others I've been in, but I'm into bed early, up early and gone all day. I figured it didn't matter that much, besides it was the only way I could stay longer without reservations. Tomorrow is the last night, Then on to another place. ???
Talk to you tomorrow,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment