Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Plein Air painting of a Hydrangea Bush 5" x 7" Oil on Panel

Today I set my easel up in front of a couple of Hydrangea bushes in my yard. Instead of trying to paint the whole bush, I concentrated on a "piece" of it. The pallette that I used was Cobalt Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Cad Yellow Light, Terra Verte, and Tit. White.

They're not the typical type of blossom. In fact, besides my yard, I've never seen this kind of Hydrangea blossom before, with the tight center blue buds and the larger white blossoms sitting around the blue. I remember when we bought it, I was a bit disappointed that we got the "wrong" type by mistake. Not any more though. They're quite pretty--and fun to paint.




Hydrangea Bush
5" x 7"
Oil on Panel

http://www.barbarasryan.com



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment