Monday, April 4, 2016

New "Marching into Autumn" Palette Knife Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

"Marching into Autumn" ©2016 Niki Gulley
10" x 20" textured oil on canvas

I painted this colorful autumn scene near my home when the fall foliage was first starting to appear. I loved the vibrant reds, oranges and yellows of the cypress contrasted against the multitude of greens surrounding it. The patterns of the shadows underneath the trees created a sort of rhythm and I played up the angles of the trees and strokes to add to that feeling of a driving beat. I hope you, too, can feel the energy and joy of being surrounded by nature as autumn approaches.

If interested in more information on pricing and purchasing this palette knife fall scene, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

To see more of my textured contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, please visit NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment