Monday, August 17, 2015

Just Sold - Sunflower and Lavender Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley


"Sunny Life," Provence ©2015 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 30" x 48" textured oil painting

Just Sold! Sunny Life is inspired from one of the amazing locations we take our students to on our Provence Art Trek. We actually set up our easels in this gorgeous lavender and sunflower field, where the flowers seem to stretch forever. The color and aroma explosion were out of this world – a painter's and photographer's dream come true. Words can't even describe how special that moment was to paint there surrounded by all that beauty!


Taking my plein air sketch that I painted on location above, I set to capture that joyous feeling back in my studio. Pulling in closer to the sunflowers so you could see their beaming faces and get a sense of their scale, I added a few more color surprises to add to the happy mood (and I didn't have to worry about getting too close in fear of bee stings in the studio!) I hope you, too, experience the beauty and contentment of being in Provence through my painting.


If you'd like more information or a brochure on one of our upcoming Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshops, please let me know. We are taking reservations for next year's trip to Andulucia, Spain, so please let us know if you would like to join us.  For more details, e-mail Niki@NikiGulley.com or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.

Please visit NikiGulley.com (www.NikiGulley.com) to see more of my impressionistic plein air oil paintings.

--------------------------------------------------------


Discover Plein Air Art,Plein Air Paintings, Contemporary Seascape Paintings, Contemporary Landscape Paintings, Plein Air Oil Paintings,Watercolor Paintings and Acrylic Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Plein Air Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment