Friday, September 5, 2014

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_PEACEFUL AS IT GETS




This one is pushing the limits for how much I like to put into a composition.  When I'm deciding on what to paint, I try to keep this in mind:  Choose something that you can radically simplify, and visualize as a finished painting.  It doesn't take a lot to overwhelm me.  So, I try to make sure I've chosen one "star of the show" and eliminated anything extraneous that happens to be in the scene before me.  For instance there was a bunch of interesting rock and deadwood in the foreground, but I decided to ignore it in favor of keeping the idea simple.

PEACEFUL AS IT GETS
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
??x?? oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment