Thursday, July 31, 2014

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_AUSTIN TOWERS




Forgive the corny title.  I'm easily amused.  This is part of a series of experiments where I'm teaching myself to work with much thicker paint than my comfort zone dictates.  It's a lot of fun to cut the ties with how I'm used to working and having to deal with what's happening with the paint.  It's so easy to get trapped repeating what has worked in the past, and just trying to go with that. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for developing what you know, especially when galleries are expecting you to deliver dependable, recognizable work.  But, there's also a time for doing what feeds our creative impulse to explore.  For that we have to go outside our comfort zone.


AUSTIN TOWERS
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
??x?? oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS
Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX

No comments:

Post a Comment