Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jimmy Longacre_subjective impressionist landscape paintings_WINTER CREEK




A break from my urbanization to my old country ways.  :)
This is "stick season" out there, so I like to push things a bit. I needed a change from my urban series, so I headed down one of the roads out here in the Texas hill country.  I have to be careful because if I go out without my painter-vision working I don't see anything worth painting!  Everything seems to be a couple of shades of wheat, olive and gray.  Once I pick up on a subtle clue from the landscape color, I like to select a premixed color plan and see how I can enhance the effect using a very limited palette.  This one was done with Yellow Ochre, Quinacradone Magenta, Manganese Violet, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Black and White.

WINTER CREEK
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
8x10 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment