Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Jimmy Longacre_subjective impressionist landscape paintings_CONGRESS AND NINTH




Here's another in my series on subjects from downtown Austin.  One thing I'm especially enjoying about doing these is the unexpected things that go on.  Trying to simplify a downtown street scene can be overwhelming.  It's necessary to edit and look for the important shapes and values.  As I get into them I discover unusual lighting effects that take place inside the canyons of buildings that make the painting much more fun.  Light gets reflected and bounced around in surprising ways.  I also like choosing a few selected humans to be placed for scale, interest and directing the eye.

CONGRESS AND NINTH
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
12X16 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment