Friday, December 20, 2013

Jimmy Longacre_subjective impressionist landscape paintings_ZION CLIFFS


I've been traveling to paint during October and November.  It was a wonderful experience to get out into new landscapes.  Now, I'm playing catch-up back in the studio.  It's great to be home again, but I need to improve my juggling act this year.  I have a new iPad, so I can start posting while traveling.

Here's a plein air study done in magnificent Zion National Park.  I'll try to show you more of what I've been doing.  I feel things changing, getting more direct in my paint handling.  I think that's coming from paying closer attention to starting with a good notan pattern. Careful planning is the greatest enhancement to spontaneity!  

ZION CLIFFS
©Jimmy Longacre 2013
9X12 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment