Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cottonwoods and High Desert paintings, painting workshops BECKY JOY

sage brush oil landscape
© 2013 Becky Joy         Day 47, Silver and Purple       oil      6 inches x 6 inches        $125.

Janet Anderson and I went out close to home today to a small pond by her house. Of course, I went for the trees, not the water. This was the second painting today. I was attracted to the silvery sage color against the purples and rusts of the shack. I don't know what kind of tree or bush this is, but they are very typical of the high desert in the west. There were beautiful blues, violets and grays in the bush. I think the trick with this painting was to not have the contrast between the building and the sky on the right take over the composition. InB reality that was the greatest contrast, so I had to make some soft edges, play the contrast down and pump it up more between the bush and the darks of the shed. I painted another tree, a cottonwood, earlier. As I said yesterday, I love the cottonwoods. Below is the first painting.

o
© 2013 Becky Joy     Cottonwood Tree    oil    10 inches x 8 inches    $800.
Click here to purchase. There are still some openings in my Carmel, Indiana workshop if you are in that area. Sept 27-29
More workshops:
Phoenix, AZ  Oct  3-5
Fredericksburg, TX  Oct 24 - 26
Dahlonega, GA  Oct 31 - Nov 2
ONLINE  Workshops
E Book

talk to you all later, Becky Joy
http://beckyjoy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment