Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 15, Project 125 Oregon Trees, A Green State by Becky joy

day-15 oregon trees
© 2013  Becky Joy      Oregon Trees, Greens    oil    6 inches x 6 inches  $125.
Click here to purchase.
If you have never been to Oregon to see the variety of greens, I'm sure you've heard about them. Oregon is a very green state, in more ways than just the color. This is from the back deck of my parents place. I ran around doing errands today and visiting some friends, so there wasn't a lot of painting time. (I'll have to make more tomorrow.) I came home and started painting at about 5 pm.

 This painting was really about the greens and showing the subtle differences and varieties. The foreground tree was really the only one in light. The trees are in a ravine with the weeds going down the hillside. The grasses are starting to dry out and turn a warm color. Besides just using color to indicate distance, I used brushstrokes, larger brushstrokes in the foreground and the large diagonal stroke on the left grass to indicate the direction of the land.
day-15-trees-photo
The photo of the tree.

Workshops:
Hood River, OR Sept. 4
Tuscany, Italy, June 7 - 17, 2014

Tomorrow I plan on meeting a painting friend and get out in the area. So talk to you all tomorrow.

Becky Joy
Workshops

No comments:

Post a Comment