Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oil Painters of America Virginia Paint Out




This weekend I attended the Oil Painters of America/ Virginia Plein Air Painters paint out that was held at the Tuckahoe Plantation near Richmond, Virginia. This was an 18th century plantation that overlooked the James River. There were beautiful fields and old, interesting looking buildings, one of which was the old school house of Thomas Jefferson! So there was plenty of wonderful areas to paint and I quickly settled down to an area where two small old buildings with brick chimneys were situated under some trees. The trees were throwing some wonderful shadows everywhere, which is what caught my eye and helped me to decide where to set my easel.
It was a beautiful fall day -- great for painting outside. I'll be posting the painting that I worked on in the upcoming days -- I might want to work on it a little more!


No comments:

Post a Comment