Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Texas Cottonwood by Sheri Jones


Texas Cottonwood by Sheri Jones
14x7 oil on canvas
I painted this on Friday in Pecan Plantation in Granbury. Pecan Plantation is a gated community with the Brazos River winding through it.  We painted on the banks of the river along a tree line.  It was a hot morning with temperatures rising to 100. The longer I painted, the warmer I got, the warmer my palette got.  I must admit I embellished this with strong color and thick paint.  I love painting outside even in the heat!
This painting is available for purchase. $125.00
Discover Plein Air Art,Plein Air Paintings, Contemporary Seascape Paintings, Contemporary Landscape Paintings, Plein Air Oil Paintings,Watercolor Paintings and Acrylic Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Plein Air Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment